Being brutally honest about books

Monday 8 August 2016

Goodreads, what have you done???

I go on Goodreads daily. That's right - every day. Often it's just to check my notifications, sometimes it's to add a book or look up a book or update my reading status. I've been on Goodreads for eight years, I started using it in August 2008. That's a long time, and I have become attached to this wonderful website for readers of all shapes and sizes.

But then, on Friday, when Goodreads loaded on my screen, it was different. The homepage had changed.

I do not like it when websites change without warning. I especially do not like it when websites make a change that sucks. The news Goodreads homepage, dear reader, is ugly. It's three columns wide, which is not easy on the  reader's eye, nor is it aesthetically pleasing. In short, I hate it.

Take a look for yourself and tell me what you think. Am I right in despising its ugliness? Or am I overreacting?


I'm Alexandria, a 19-year-old reader/writer/blogger from New Zealand. I love language, history, and sci-fi. Hi! I'm always around if you want to talk, which you can do via comments, the contact form, or Facebook.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.