Being brutally honest about books

Friday 30 June 2017

June Wrap Up

  

Life

  • I hate winter. Bleugh. Winter is definitely the worst season. I don't like being cold, and I don't like it being dark at 5pm.
  • I didn't blog much - I had exams and wasn't inspired to write anything - but I read some great posts from lots of other bloggers, so that was something.
  • Exams... happened. Which means I'm halfway through my degree! I'm also on break now, which is great.
  • I watched a lot of TV. New seasons of Orange Is the New Black, Orphan Black, and Wynonna Earp came out and I'm all caught up now with those. I also watched Marco Polo, which was incredible. I'm sad that Netflix cancelled it after 2 seasons - the story wasn't finished!
  • I went to the movies a couple of times, to see Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and My Cousin Rachel. They were good.
  • I was naughty and read some books that weren't on my TBR and added to my TBR. But I then did a TBR purge so I've ended up with a smaller list than before. My TBR is now a reasonable and manageable 40 books.

Posts

Read

Covers go to Goodreads.
26804824  32857710  30306869  29504302
   31433420  317469  17245512  23719870
33292232  35165011  26597397  23691382

Around the blogosphere

Anna at Powered by Girl answered what is queer fiction? (This was posted last year but I read it this month so it counts.)
Cait at Paper Fury gave us 10 reasons why books succeed better at life than we do.
Bec at Readers in Wonderland listed 5 bookish pet peeves.
Nemo at The Moonlight Library discussed misassigned retellings.
Greg at Book Haven gave us the dos and don'ts of attending fan conventions.
Tasya at The Literary Huntress talked about ARCs and materialism.

How was your June? Do you hate winter as much as I do? How much do you enjoy wrapping yourself in a blanket and reading a good book?

I'm Alexandria, a 19-year-old reader/writer/blogger from New Zealand. I love language, history, and sci-fi. Hi! I'm always around if you want to talk, which you can do via comments, the contact form, or Facebook.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.